Venue: Teloglion Foundation of Art, AUTh.
Date: 16 February 2012, 17:00 – 21:30
The panel is organised by the School of Architecture of the Faculty of Engineering, AUTh, the International Hellenic University, and the Association of Friends of the Teloglion Foundation of Art. The event is part of the programme of the 1st Thessaloniki Biennale of Architecture “Architecture and the city in SE Europe”, which presents the work of 26 architectural schools from countries of South-East Europe.
The aim of this event is to enhance the relationship between architectural education and the city, to discuss the integration of the city as a field of study, research and creative thought in the educational programmes of architectural schools, and to present the way that urban issues are included in the projects and proposals which are elaborated in courses and studio-based work in architectural schools.
The panel will include the following professors:
- Vilma Hastaoglou-Martinidis, Professor of the School of Architecture, AUTh,
- Birgül Çolakoglu, Associate professor of the Faculty of Architecture, Yildiz Technical University, Istanbul,
- Selay Yurtkuran Tok, Lecturer of the Faculty of Architecture and Engineering, Uludag University, Bursa,
- Deniz Güner, Associate professor of the School of Architecture, Dokuz Eylül University, Izmir,
- Stavroula Lavva, Adjunct faculty of the School of Humanities, International Hellenic University.
The discussion will be headed by Zuhal Ulusoy, Professor of Faculty of Fine Arts, Kadir Has University, Istanbul.
The event will round off with a visit by our invited speakers to the International Hellenic University, on the morning of Friday, 17 February 2012.