The State Scholarships Foundation (Ι.Κ.Υ.) announces that it will offer up to fifty (50) scholarships to foreign nationals (Non-Greek Nationals and Non-Greek Nationals of Greek descent) from countries worldwide in order to attend courses and seminars in the Modern Greek Language and Culture.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
1. Be nationals of any country of the world except Greece (not with dual nationality – foreign and Greek).
2. Hold a graduate degree from a non-Greek University in the fields of the Humanities, the Social and Political Sciences. Eligible to apply are also university graduates who teach the Greek as a foreign language.
3. Not exceed the fortieth (40th) year of age (date of birth after 1974).
4. Have at least a basic knowledge of the Greek language.
5. Be not permanent residents in Greece.
Applicants must meet the above requirements by the application deadline.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
1. An application form, duly completed and signed with one recent photograph.
2. An up-to-date curriculum vitae (in English or Greek language).
3. Certified copies of University Diplomas – Degrees.
4. Certificates indicating the knowledge of Greek (if any) or English or French language.
5. Two (2) letters of reference.
6. A written evidence of employment as a teacher of Greek, if any.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION & RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS
STATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOUNDATION
DIRECTORATE FOR SPECIAL PROGRAMMES,
UNIT FOR FOREIGNERS
AND CULTURAL EXCHANGES
Address: 41, Ethnikis Antistaseos Avenue,
GR – 14234, Nea Ionia, Athens
7. A recent (issued 1 month approximately prior to the application submission) health certificate by a national hospital or from the relevant recognized health service stating that the applicant does not suffer from any infectious diseases.
8. A copy of a valid passport / national identity card (where applicable).
The application form with all documentation requested shall be submitted through the Greek Diplomatic Authorities or application forms and CV’s via our electronic application system, whereas the remaining documentation is to be sent by post.
Application forms are available from the Greek Diplomatic Mission, or the I.K.Y. or as downloaded copy from the I.K.Y website at: www.iky.gr.
If the documentation is not in English, French or Greek a certified translation (by the Greek Diplomatic Authorities abroad) into Greek, English or French must be supplied.
In addition, documents numbered 3, 4, 7, and 8 should bear the Apostille or be certified by the Greek Diplomatic Authorities (the Greek Embassy or Consulate) in cases where the candidate’s state of origin is not a member of the Hague Convention (Apostille) of 5 October 1961 abolishing the requirement of legalisation for foreign public documents.
Applicants must submit only certified copies of the original documents, as these will not be returned. Incomplete, inaccurate or illegible application files will not be taken into consideration.
Applicants who are or have been on a scholarship by the I.K.Y. will be excluded from the programme.
Applications by undergraduates who have not yet obtained their University degree will not be considered.
The electronic application deadline is May 30, 2014. The remaining documentation required is to be sent by 10 June 2014 (sealed) by post.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by a confirmation letter by September 2014.
DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The duration of this scholarship is no less than eight (8) months and is only offered for a specific course in the Modern Greek Language and Culture organised mainly at one of the following Greek Universities: Athens University, Thessaloniki University, Ioannina University, Patras University, Crete University. The University, which will hold this course, will be decided
by the I.K.Y after the selection process.
The courses will start on October 2014 and will end on May 2015.
On successful completion of the study programme, the Greek University will provide students with a certificate of attendance.
a. Greek Language
This programme offers learning opportunities at beginner, intermediate (or upper intermediate) and advanced levels following a placement test and subject to sufficient students numbers.
b. History and Culture
Beneficiaries will be introduced to Greek History, Culture and Arts through seminars, educational visits to the sites of the city of study and excursions to the most historic sites of Greece.
c. Social Programme
Social events are included in the course where an active participation is required.
The scholarship covers the following costs:
a. Free meals and accommodation (in University residence or in purpose-built flats provided by the University which will undertake the programme).
b. Tuition fees and other relevant costs.
c. Free cost emergency medical treatment under the Greek National Health Service (only in public hospitals). European citizens should have the European Insurance Illness Card from their insurance agency of their country.
d. A monthly allowance of € 150,00 (net amount) for personal expenses.
e. € 200,00 for initial expenses.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Scholarship holders must regularly attend courses and participate in all activities of the programme of study.